San Francisco Waldorf School consists of a grade school campus founded in 1979, a high school founded in 1997, and a nursery and parenting program founded in 2003. In September 2007 the high school moved into a new facility that in 2011 became the first LEED (gold) certified school building in San Francisco. The SFWS community has a 10-year Strategic Plan through 2020.
The school seeks an Administrative Director of the multi-campus Pre-K through Grade 12 programs of San Francisco Waldorf School (SFWS).
He or she is:
- Passionate about community and can develop sustainable relationships.
- Experienced in marketing the value of Waldorf Education.
- Knowledgeable about development and has experience with growing a solid endowment, participating in capital campaigns, and expanding major gifts programs.
- Able to manage an organization inspired by the work of Rudolf Steiner.
The Administrative Director provides leadership on community and external relations, resource development, human resources, finance and operations, and all other administrative functions for SFWS. The Administrative Director must enthusiastically embrace the school's purpose and mission. The successful candidate will bring collaborative leadership and a passion for excellence to the development and continued growth of the institution. The Administrative Director also plays a leading role in implementing the school's strategic plan.
Advancement, Outreach, and Community Relations
- Senior spokesperson for school with parents, potential parents and greater community
- Oversees internal efforts to sustain and increase enrollment, focusing on communication and retention of existing families
- Works with consultants and committees to increase enrollment, focusing on marketing outreach to new families
- Works with Advancement Committee on design and execution of annual and long-term advancement plans
- Establishes and maintains relationships with current and new donors
- Support efforts to engage College of Teachers, full faculty, and volunteers in advancement and enrollment efforts
- Builds awareness of SFWS in the broader community and forges relationships with external community partners, including potential feeder schools
- Parent contact for school-wide matters or concerns
Administration, Management, and Board Relations
- Supervises and promotes professional development of Advancement Director, Director of Finance and Strategic Planning, IT manager, Facilities manager, enrollment and office staff
- Maintains membership on Board of Trustees (ex officio) and provides regular reports on school strengths, challenges, and progress on strategic goals
- Responsible for hiring administrative positions, as well as directly or indirectly supervising all administrative staff members
- Responsible for the overall functioning of the administrative offices
- Ultimately responsible for student records, facilities management, and legal and regulatory issues
- Chairs the Administrative Council to address and resolve budgetary, legal, policy and programmatic issues
- Supports work of the College of Teachers to promote pedagogical aspects of the school to ensure that the highest quality Waldorf Education program is upheld
- Provides support as needed to the College, school chairs, and faculty where curricular and administrative issues overlap
- Passionate about Waldorf education; skillful at telling the Waldorf story
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrated leadership in a senior administrative/management position with strengths in organization, strategic and long range planning, and program development and enhancement
- Demonstrated capability for sound judgment and collaborative decision making
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills/experience; good listener
- Training and/or experience as a Waldorf teacher or Administrator preferred
- Ability to inspire and empower faculty, staff, volunteers, parents, and other community members
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- A team-building approach to leadership with the ability to delegate authority and ensure accountability
Competitive salary and benefits depending on experience
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.