The Receptionist/Registrar position is a hands-on, organizationally demanding role with room for creativity, and responsibility for larger projects. The skills needed are: excellent communication, organization, and computer skills; facility dealing with the public; ability to work in a busy environment and work effectively with multiple tasks; experience with computer databases strongly preferred. The Registrar, who is supervised by the Administrative Coordinator, also works in partnership with the Head of Administration and Grade School Enrollment Director.
The Receptionist/Registrar must be a skillful and editor/proofreader. Because there is so much interaction with the public and the parent body of the school, the Receptionist/Registrar must be friendly, knowledgeable, outgoing, possess a good understanding of Waldorf Education and be able to interact with the public. Discretion and objectivity are essential components of this job which deals with sensitive and personal issues.
- Greet visitors, receive deliveries, answer parents questions
- Assist students/teachers as necessary
- Answer incoming phone calls: Deliver messages, etc.
- Distribute information as required
- Open mail; enter information regarding all incoming cash or checks into check register
- Keep record of payments for class functions; field trips, supplies, etc.
- Give receipts when required for cash payments
Organization and Maintenance of Student Records:
- Contact with Health Department regarding requirements and maintenance of all medical records
- Follow-up records requests for transfers to and from SFWS
- Coordination of student reports and managing their organization and mailing
- Maintaining student records
- Update and print weekly contract list
- Monitor daily attendance; call regarding absent children when required
- Type letters for faculty/College, as required. Copies to appropriate files
- Email or stamp and mail correspondence
- Schedule Teacher/Parent conferences, reception
- Make reservations, arrangements, payments, calls for teachers as requested
- Assist with distribution and collection of waivers and permission forms as needed
- Obtain drivers’ license and insurance information
After School Program:
- Update and distribute Monthly Attendance Sheet
- Prepare Daily Update Log
- Insert daily sign-out sheets
- Notify all teachers of changes daily
- Update and distribute application information for February and Spring Day Camp
- Prepare sign-in sheets/rosters for ASP Director
- Monitor payments
- Co-ordinate with Enrollment Coordinator
- Prepare rosters, attendance sheets, daily schedules
- Prepare mailings
- Keep music lessons, tutorial information current
- Administer first aid when necessary; notify parents, see that Incident Report is completed
- Track special health needs as reported on emergency cards and administer medication when needed (check Emergency card for any specific instructions)
- Help maintain first aid kits
- Send Health Bulletins to parent body as needed
- Monitor Fire Drills
- Update School Directory/Databases
Salary is full-time administrative base; health and disability insurance provided; tuition remission for up to two dependants after one-year of service; vacation time includes one week during the Winter Break, one week during the Spring Break, and three weeks during the summer.
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae or resume along with a statement of interest in the position to Cory Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the interest of time we ask you to submit your application no later than Thursday, June 6, 2013.
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We especially welcome applications from people of color.