(Part Time/Hourly until June 2014)
Summary: The Receptionist position is a hands-on, organizationally demanding role which requires an excellent ability to deal with people in a very busy environment. Consistent attention to details and follow-through are essential. This job fills in the front desk in the afternoons from 1:30-4:30pm. The Receptionist must be friendly, knowledgeable, outgoing, possess a good understanding of Waldorf Education and be able to interact with the public. Discretion and objectivity are essential components of this job which may deal with sensitive and personal issues.
- Greet visitors, receive deliveries, answer parents & student questions
- Answer phones, transfer calls and take messages
- Distribute mail, interoffice, Fed Ex, UPS etc.
- Manage student BART ticket program
- Coordinate/oversee front desk fundraiser sales, Rainbow script, tickets etc.
- Food services: coordinate/order special food as requested by faculty/staff
- Attendance, make phone calls to parents re: absentees, track student detention status, email attendance/detention report and updates to faculty/staff as needed throughout the day; enter attendance data into Education Edge database; all attendance related tasks are performed daily.
- Drama production support (seasonal)
- Other support of faculty, students and staff as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills: upbeat, friendly, articulate, flexible and helpful
- Excellent phone skills
- Excellent multitasking abilities
- Strong computer/database skills
- Knowledge of Waldorf education and/or SF Waldorf HS a plus
Hours & Compensation:
- Hourly rate of $20.00
- No health or tuition benefits provided
Email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.