San Francisco Waldorf School seeks a Human Resources Coordinator to join the school as soon as possible. This year-round position will begin at 30 hours per week, and will work from our business office on Sacramento Street.
The ideal candidate would have experience in Human Resources Management in an independent school, with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the candidate works independently to accomplish the following:
- Keep up to date with current HR regulations and best practices
- Process job applications and hire letters, keep personnel files
- Annually update employee handbook
- Provide in house guidance for all HR questions
- Keep various statistics and reports
- Contact person for third party payroll system provider
- Process payroll for hourly and salaried employees, including deductions
- Train hourly personnel to use online time card system
- Act as contact person for benefit broker
- Oversee benefit plans and enrollment, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b), disability, life insurance
- Process monthly benefit contributions, including vacation and sick leave, wage garnishments
- File with all agencies including IRS, workmen’s compensation, EDD
- Create journal entries for payroll and benefit reconciliation and accounting
- Assist with the budgeting, tracking of personnel and benefit expenses
- Experience in human resources management
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive issues
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Excellent skills using MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with third party payroll system providers like Payroll Resource Group or ADP
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and execute tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Waldorf education
- Understanding of independent school environment
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
Salary and Benefits:
Salary for this 3/4 time position is dependent on experience, starting at $33,600. The generous benefits package includes medical insurance, retirement plan and ample vacation. Additionally, tuition remission for eligible children (prorated for 3/4 time employment) begins after one year.
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae or resume along with a statement of interest in the position to Gerhard Engels at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the interest of time we ask you to submit your application no later than Thursday, June 6, 2013
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We especially welcome applications from people of color.