San Francisco Waldorf School is one of over 1,000 Waldorf schools worldwide, with two separate campuses both located in San Francisco. Our nursery through 8th grade program is located in Pacific Heights. The high school building in the West Portal neighborhood is equipped with a wide range of technology resources. Through its emphasis on ethical values and social responsibility, Waldorf education helps students become agents of change in the world. Waldorf education emphasizes the importance of learning through varied experiences in a developmentally appropriate context.
We are seeking a full-time IT manager and systems administrator. This is an onsite position that reports directly to the head of administration. The IT manager is generally responsible for the IT systems, budget, support, and development for both San Francisco school locations. We are seeking a collaborative and dynamic professional who has experience managing technology in an educational environment, has a proven track record of providing effective leadership on complex projects, and enjoys the challenge of supporting a broad constituency.
A high-level overview of the job duties are as follows:
Infrastructure and Operations
• Build and maintain the school’s cross-platform server system including both physical and virtual machines, databases, backup systems, and monitoring software.
• Build and maintain end-user devices including Macs, PC’s, laptops, netbooks, tablets, printers, and other peripherals.
• Build and maintain the schools network, AV, and voice infrastructure including local LAN, a site-to-site VPN, projectors, ISP internet connections, wireless topology, and VOIP phone systems.
• Build and support web services including AWS, Google Apps, front facing website, internal web systems, and social media presence.
Outreach, Development, and Curriculum Support
• Serve as first-tier tech support during all hours of operations including some nights and weekends.
• Develop and deliver trainings to faculty, staff, and students on pertinent topics as appropriate
• Stay current and latest trends and topics in educational IT developments. Provide vision, leadership, and direction towards best and appropriate usage of technology inside the classroom.
Budget Management and Strategic Planning
• Coordinate with other key departments to develop and maintain a technology plan describing a 3 and 5 year time horizon
• Match funds in technology budget with demands based on priority and compliance with long term technology plan
• Reconcile expenses monthly, coordinate with business office and other departments on expenses and future outlook
• Must be available to be on-call for after-hours emergencies and be able to work occasional nights and weekends for special events and planned maintenance/upgrades.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to obtain fingerprint and TB test clearances for working at a school.
• Minimum education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
• This is a full time, 1FTE, position.
• Competitive salary, depending on experience and expertise.
• Benefits package includes generous health and dental care, life insurance, retirement plan and tuition remission for qualified dependents.
• 5 weeks paid vacation during the calendar year.
• Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae or resume and three references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or faxes please.
• San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class.
• For more information about San Francisco Waldorf School, please visit our website at http://www.sfwaldorf.org