Part-time, independent contractor position
San Francisco Waldorf School is seeking part-time IT Support Technician to provide technical support at our High School, Grade School, and Business Office.
The IT Support Technician’s role is to support and train end users, help maintain the associated equipment, IT assets, software systems and network infrastructure, and troubleshoot issues as they arise. This position is part-time and reports to the IT Manager.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of cross platform operating systems, database and network concepts, website technologies, possess strong organization and communication skills, be detailed oriented, and able to solve problems quickly in a fast paced environment. The ability to learn quickly, research effectively, and juggle multiple priorities is crucial.
- College graduate. High School Diploma considered depending on experience.
- At least 1 year providing direct technical support to Macintosh and PC systems or equivalent certifications
- Some form of database and spreadsheet experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with faculty/staff in resolving help desk tickets
- Candidates must be able to commute to and between our separate High School and Grade School campuses within the city of San Francisco, as periodically required
- Must be physically able to lift and move 50lbs
- Ability to climb a ladder to service WAPs, projectors, run network cable, etc.
- Available to work 20 hours per week Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am to 5pm, with flexibility to provide additional paid support for occasional additional hours and/or special events.
Strong preference is given to candidates with experience in any of the following areas
- Recent experience working in a diverse educational environment
- At least 1 year providing direct support for wired and wireless networks
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel in working with large sets of data
- Blackbaud Student Information System
- Macintosh and Windows Servers (OS 10.6 through 10.8 and Windows Server 2008)
- Apple Remote Desktop (UNIX/ Mac terminal commands, file permissions, etc)
- MDM solutions such as Apple Configurator, Meraki System Controller, JAMF Casper Suite
- Manage an inventory system
- Google Apps use and management
- Supporting Windows 7 clients
- Quickbooks finance software (networked multi-user mode)
- Linux and LAMP based applications (Moodle, Drupal, etc)
- VOIP based phone systems
- VPN, Routing, Wireless, Firewalls, the OSI Model, and advanced network technologies
- Scripting and/or programming skills (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc)
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a part time (15-18 hours per week) contract-based position and pays $30 per hour
- This position does not qualify for any benefits; however, it may expand into a long term salaried position in the future.
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae or resume along with a statement of interest in the position and three letters of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your earliest possible start date as we are looking to fill this position immediately. No phone calls or faxes please.
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class.