Thank you for your interest in employment at San Francisco Waldorf School. The following positions are accepting applications.
- Grade School After School Program Assistants (posted May 2017)
- High School Mathematics Teacher - Part-Time (posted May 2017)
After School Program staff needs: 2017-2018 school year
1. A vacancy is open for an assistant to work 5 afternoons per week in the after school program with grade school children.
- Hours are 2:30-5:30 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. 1:15-5:30 Thursday.
- You will work alongside 2 other grade staff.
- Duties can include supervising the children’s play, assisting with crafts or outdoor play, helping prepare snacks. We will work with the gifts that you bring!
2. We are also looking for another person to work a flexible position.
- Mondays through Thursdays: 1pm -2:30 assisting kindergarten rest time. 2:30-5:30 working with the grades mostly but helping with kindergarten if needed.
- Fridays: 11:30-2:30 leading a kindergarten rest group. 2:30-5:30 working with the grades.
Both positions would be working under a lead teacher.
Applicants must be familiar with and interested in Waldorf education. We are looking for people with an enthusiasm for working with young children and an interest in engaging in activities, both indoors and outdoors.
There will be 2 staff meetings each month.
You will also be asked to work the two camps we run during the year. One is during the 3rd week of February, the second is during one of the two weeks of Spring Break.
We are also interested in hearing from people who cannot work a regular schedule but would like to be on a substitution list.
This is an hourly, part-time position with no benefits other than those available through the San Francisco City Ordinances.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
Please contact Christine Sun csun@sfwaldorf for more information
This is a part-time, hourly position.
San Francisco Waldorf High School seeks a math instructor with a deep knowledge of mathematics. We are looking for a teacher with a passion for mathematics, a sense of humor and the belief that all students can understand algebra and geometry.
This is a part-time position teaching two to three math tracks for the academic year (Aug 2017-June 2018). One track is 3 periods per week, plus prep. There is potential for this position to develop into full-time.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate degree preferred
- High school teaching experience
- Knowledge of/experience with Waldorf pedagogy
Benefits and Compensation:
- This is a non-exempt, hourly position.
- Benefits include those set forth by the City of San Francisco such as Paid Sick Time and the SF Health Care Ordinance
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt, hourly
Reports to: High School Chair
Hired by:High School Steering Committee
Date Modified: April 2017
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org