Thank you for your interest in employment at San Francisco Waldorf School. The following positions are accepting applications.
Summary: The Grade School Front Desk/Reception position is a hands-on, organizationally demanding role. Excellent communication, organizational and computer/database skills are essential as well as the ability to work comfortably in a busy public environment.
The Front Desk Receptionist must be friendly, knowledgeable, outgoing, possess a good understanding of Waldorf Education. He or she must enjoy working directly with students, parents and teachers. The Receptionist often deals with sensitive and personal issues and, therefore, discretion, confidentiality and objectivity are essential components of this position.
The Front Desk Receptionist is supervised by the Grade School Administrative Coordinator and also works in partnership with the Grade School Faculty Chair.
Front Desk Reception:
- Greet visitors, receive deliveries, answer parents’ questions
- Assist students and teachers as necessary
- Answer phone calls, deliver messages
- Distribute information as required
- Open daily mail, assist with outgoing mail
- Track incoming deliveries for faculty
- Log collected cash or checks into tracking system
- Maintain other office functions and supplies as directed by GS Administrative Coordinator
- Update and print monthly attendance forms
- Monitor daily attendance; call absent children when required
- Facilitate scheduling of Teacher/Parent conferences
- Obtain drivers’ licenses and insurance information for field trips
- After School Program:
- Prepare and maintain daily update log for ASP staff
- Notify teachers of last minute changes
- Day Camps:
- Update and distribute application information for February and Spring Day Camps
- Prepare sign-in sheets/rosters for ASP Director
- Monitor payments
- Summer Programs:
- Update and distribute application information for summer camps.
- Prepare sign-in sheets/roster for Summer Camp Director
- Monitor payments
- Administer first aid when necessary; notify parents, see that Accident/Incident Report is completed
- Administer medication when needed in accordance with California Law and guardian-written instruction
- Track illness trends and reportable infectious diseases
- Monitor Fire Drills
- Support Parent Guild activities in reception as needed
- Good Microsoft office skills (Word and Excel), familiarity with email tools and databases a plus
- Proof-reading and editing skills helpful
- Strong organizational skills and ability to track daily calls and emails
Hours & Compensation:
- This is an hourly position with flexibility from 25 hours to 40 hours (fixed schedule)
- Summer hours and weeks are flexible and may be much less than during the school year
- Medical benefits based on number of hours
- No additional benefits
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
Job Start Date: ASAP
FLSA Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt from overtime
Reports to: Grade School Administrative Coordinator
Hired by: GS Administrative Coordinator and Administrative Director
Date Modified: August 2017
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender or any protected class.
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org