The International / ESL Program for High School Students from outside the United States interested in a 6-month to multiple year program at the San Francisco Waldorf High School.
- Learn English with trained ESL teachers
- Prepare for US universities
- Challenge yourself
- Make lifelong friends with native English speakers and students from all over the world
- Gain leadership experience through participation in clubs and sports
- Be part of American culture
- Get to know yourself
We welcome students who are bright, inquisitive, imaginative, and compassionate.
International Student project example
- One year and multiple year programs available.
- We will help students contact a home-stay agency to find a local host family.
- Home-stay fees are usually around $1,200 per month for Room and Board
- Full immersion: International Students whose English level is sufficient attend classes alongside all the other students.
- Semi immersion: International students whose English level requires extra attention attend specific ESL classes (while the other students are in Humanities or language) and classes alongside the other students for all other classes (math, art, music and PE.)
- TOEFL/English proficiency tests are not required – students may take classes on a credit/no credit basis until English skills improve.
- Students will be assigned to a faculty mentor and a student “buddy”.
- We provide the I-20 form.
- Tuition for 2013-2014 is $33,900; tuition is prorated for the six-month program, based on a ten month school year.