Senior Project & Play
Students may take on an in-depth research project of their choosing within the areas of humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, or the arts. Projects include at least thirty hours of experiential learning, a comprehensive research paper, and a community presentation. Student work closely with the Senior Project Coordinator and Faculty Sponsor throughout the year.
Students may elect to produce the Senior Play, presented to the community just before graduation. The group works closely with the advisor/director on play selection and the production process. Each student assumes at least two aspects of play production: performance, costumes, lighting, or set design.
Senior Project Topics
- The Nature of Dementia
- Using Drones for Humanitarian Aid
- The Next Step in Sustainable Energy
- An Exploration into 3D Printing
- The Electromagnetism of Music
- Filming, Editing or Cinematography
- Supporting Foster Care Youth in the Bay Area
- From Alpha to X: Building a Geiger Counter
- Field Guide to Native Plants