Grade School Parent Guild
The Parent Guild supports San Francisco Waldorf School’s educational goals through parent involvement, helping to build and sustain the school community through effective communication. The Parent Guild works in partnership with the College of Teachers, Faculty, and Administration to further the goals of education and communication within the adult community and to assist those bodies toward the continued success of the school.
The Parent Guild is dedicated to the healthy growth and development of San Francisco Waldorf School through building community, fostering parent education, and nurturing the social life or the parent body.
The Parent Guild seeks to:
- Extend a welcome to new families, as well as direct any questions they may have through the proper channels of College of Teacher, Administration, and/or Faculty.
- Encourage parents’ donation of time and provide direction to the areas of need within the school.
- Provide a forum for dialogue regarding parents’ needs and concerns and to make recommendations to other school bodies.
- Provide opportunities for parent education (Guest Lectures, Parent Library, Parent Book Store).
- Coordinate activities to enhance the social spirit of the school (Fairy Walk, May Fair, Winter Fair, Coffee Socials, Parent Study).
- Other events/activities include clothing sale, used book sale, PA shop, Craft Circle, Book Closet, and Lost and Found admin.