SFWS remains dedicated to supporting safe, in-person learning in K-12 schools and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. In alignment with the State of California’s current COVID planning we are guided by the principle that safe, in-person learning is critical to student well-being and development.
COVID-19 is here to stay, and we have learned methods and gained tools to decrease its impact on our health and well-being. The guidance is based on current scientific knowledge and anticipated trends. It is subject to change as COVID-19 conditions can shift rapidly. Our response will remain nimble to best meet dynamic challenges.
Excellent natural ventilation and plentiful outdoor spaces have helped SFWS maintain safe in-person school throughout the pandemic. Current health & safety protocols include:
- Optional masking
- Use of outdoor spaces, open windows, and portable air filters
- Free on-site, on-demand rapid antigen testing at all campuses
- Free distribution of take-home tests
- Regular hand washing
- Visitor self-screening before entry
- Broad communication of potential outbreaks (not individual cases)
"We remain committed to healthy and safe in-person learning for all students. We'll continue to adopt protocols to ensure our children can attend school every day, where they develop to their fullest capacities."