Affordable Tuition Program
San Francisco Waldorf School adheres to the principle that economic and financial considerations should not solely determine who can or cannot attend the school.
To make the school accessible to children of all economic backgrounds, the school offers need-based tuition grants through its Affordable Tuition Program to applicants in the kindergarten through high school. In return, we seek families who are committed to Waldorf education for their children.
Affordable Tuition Program grants are made solely on the basis of financial need, as determined by the required financial disclosure forms, and within the constraints of the financial resources available. Admissions decisions are made without regard to the financial circumstances of a candidate’s family.
Evaluation of Need: Financial need is determined according to the guidelines and formulae established by the School and Students Services for Financial Aid (SSS), a service of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). All applicants for financial aid—both new and returning families—must fill out the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) online. The Affordable Tuition Program uses SSS data as a guide in determining the amount of individual grants. Families must also submit December 31st paycheck stubs, 2017 W-2 forms, 2016 tax returns (new applicants), and 2016 tax returns by April 2018 (all applicants).
Affordable Tuition Program grants are made for the school year and a new application is required each year since family circumstances and the Program’s funding may change. Although the needs of returning families are given first consideration, we welcome applications from new families.
How to Apply: The PFS Form is available for online completion for the 2018-19 school year beginning October 2, 2017, and supporting documents must be submitted to SSS according to the schedule in the ATP instructions. Late applications will only be considered if funds are still available.
- Application deadline is January 11, 2018
- The school's SSS code is 7109
Notification of an award or denial of a grant is mailed to parents of new applicants with the admission decision letter in March. Returning families receive award notification in February. Families receiving tuition grants are required to pay a non-refundable deposit equal to approximately 10% of net tuition.
Please Note: Timely submission of the required forms is crucial to the decision process. Late applications or failure to submit required documents or information might jeopardize your chances of receiving aid.
- Access the School and Student Services (SSS) website here.
- Returning families SHOULD NOT create a new account but should sign in as a returning family using prior year login information (for login help see this page).
- The SSS website has a comprehensive guide to completing the PFS in English and Spanish (versions for the 2018-19 year are available after October 2, 2017).
- The school's SSS code is 7109.
- Digital upload of documents is preferred. Please contact the Business Office at the number below for help if necessary.
- Summary instructions and a timeline may be found here.
Questions? Call the San Francisco Waldorf School Business Office at (415) 931-2244 or email@example.com.