Grade School and Early Childhood Forms & Handbooks
To review school handbooks and other guidelines please explore below!
Absences, late arrivals, early pick-ups should be called into the Main Line at 415-931-2750. You may bypass the outgoing message by pressing the number 5.
For After School Program changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- N - 8 Parent Handbook - Please make sure you are familiar with the material in this handbook! (Aug 2018 includes minor updates to the After School Program section).
- Nursery Parent Guide - This does not replace the Grade School Parent Handbook, but rather acts as a supplemental guide.
- Kindergarten Parent Guide - This does not replace the Grade School Parent Handbook, but rather acts as a supplemental guide.
- Upper Grades Handbook for Grades 6 - 8 Students (2018 - 2019 coming soon)
ADDENDUMS to 2015-2016 PARENT HANDBOOK
- SFWS Health and Illness Guide (rev 2016)
- California Immunization Regulations (what's required when) for Kindergarten through Grade 12, Nursery (Child Care)
- (Please be aware of changes in California State immunization requirements due to CA SB277, which went into effect January 2016.) Each student must be in full compliance with the California Immunization Requirements when they enter a new "grade span" as defined in the California Code of Regulations. For our purposes students enter a new grade span upon entry to Nursery, Kindergarten, or Grade 7 or are enrolling in the State of California for the first time.
- Grade School Emergency Information Letter (includes Kindergarten)
- Nursery Emergency Information Letter
- Downloadable Emergency Wallet Card (prints on a business size card - printed version available in the office)
- Earthquake preparedness resources for families (earthquakecountry.org)
- Analog line for incoming phone calls if the school's VOIP phones are down: (415) 567-7948 - this phone will NOT be answered unless our phones are down for an extended period or in the case of an emergency where land lines are still functional
- Grade School Campus Hours
- School Day Reminders
- Drop-off and Pick-up
- Absences and Tardies
- Field Trips Driver Forms
- After School Program (K - Grade 8)
- Athletic Forms/ Schedules (Gr. 6 - 8)
Regular School Hours:
Kindergarten Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Grades 1 – 3 Monday - Wednesday, Friday
8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Grades 4 – 8 Monday - Wednesday, Friday
8:30 AM - 3:15 PM
Grades 1 – 8 Thursday
8:30 AM - 1:15 PM
Early Dismissal Days
Every Thursday is early dismissal for Faculty Meetings (1:15 for Grades 1 – 8.
In addition, we have early dismissal before Winter Break, Spring Break, and the last day of school.
After-school care is available until 5:30 PM for children in kindergarten through grade six. Pre-registration is required.
The office is open from 8:10 AM to 4:00 PM on school days. We are often able to staff it until 5:30 PM, but you may ring the After Care Doorbell anytime after 4:00 PM (or knock louldy) if the office door is locked.
WHITE ZONE/DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP RULES
Please make sure anyone picking up your children has this information! Please use your car placard to identify your car.
- DRIVERS MUST REMAIN IN THEIR CARS AT ALL TIMES DURING DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP TIMES.
- Please ask your children if they have all their things and give any last minute reminders to them BEFORE you pull into the white zone.
- Do not drop children off on the side opposite the school (eastbound).
- Please do not make U/K-turns on the block in front of school during drop-off and pick-up times.
- Never use a neighbor’s driveway for drop-off or pick up. Never block a neighbor’s driveway. This includes on Broderick Street!
- If your child’s class has not been dismissed or your child is not ready to get in the car you will be asked to circle the block.
- For special deliveries that require time to unload, please ask the staff on duty to assist you in pulling to the front of the white zone.
- Field trip supplies should be loaded/unloaded outside of regular drop-off/pick-up. Exception: students unloading their own gear.
- When it is not drop-off and pick-up time you may use the white zone briefly for school business. SF Department of Parking Transportation can ticket cars parked longer than 5 minutes during posted white zone hours.
Please use crosswalks at the corners during busy drop-off and pick-up times at the Grade School. Crossing in the middle of the street during these heavier traffic time periods sets a bad example for the children!
Absences must be called in for each day that a child is out unless it is an excused absence that has been approved by the faculty.*
Please also call if your child will be late. If you call and reach voice mail **dial 5** to go directly to the Reception mail box.
Please do not email this information at the last minute as emails are often checked after attendance is already processed.
*Absences can adversely affect a student's success at school. Only when a student is out due to illness for a short time (less than a week), or when granted by a teacher (rare) in accordance with our policy, is an absence considered "excused." Absences, whether excused or unexcused, are reflected on upper grade student transcripts and may also be grounds for dismissal. Please read the Parent Handbook for more on excused/planned and unexcused/unplanned absences.
If you would like to be a volunteer driver for a school field trip we need the following forms completed as well as copies of your driver's license and current auto insurance.
We recommend completing these forms early in the year. They will be valid for the entire school year unless an updated insurance is needed due to renewals.
- Driver Agreement (download pdf)
- DMV Record Release (download pdf)
- Copy of driver's license (bring to office*)
- Copy of current insurance (bring to office)
*If you think we have a copy of your current license just contact us and we will check. Insurance expires on an annual basis and needs to be resubmitted.
Field trip drivers and other classroom volunteers are arranged by class teachers and will be given specific directions on a case by base basis.
- (Please note that all changes to After School Program attendance schedules must be made by Friday afternoon the previous week. We are not able to accommodate drop-ins on a daily basis.)
Please read all the ASP information below before registering. Registration for the ASP program is required each year.
- ASP Overview (also in GS Parent Handbook)
- ASP Regulations in brief
- Kindergarten ASP Letter/Schedule 2018
- Grades 7 & 8 Policy - important!
Please contact the office for a link to sign up for the After School Program.
Already registered and wondering how to use your EZCare Parent Portal? Click here.
If your child will be unexpectedly absent from the Nursery for illness or any other reason, you may call the front desk at the grade school (415-931-2750) and we will relay the information to the Nursery teachers.
If you call and reach voice mail **dial 5** to go directly to the Reception mail box.Phone calls are preferred to email as we may not read the emails in a timely manner.
Regular Nursery Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Early Dismissal Days
We have early dismissal before Winter Break, Spring Break, and the last day of school. Nursery will dismiss at 12:15 PM on those days.
Nursery After Care
After Care is available until 5:00 PM for children in Nursery. Pre-registration is required each month.
The Grade School Campus offices also serve the Nursery school and are officially open from 8:10 AM to 4:00 PM on school days. Holiday hours may vary. Our Business Office is located right next door to the Nursery at 3107 Sacramento.
Nursery After Care is registered for on a monthly basis. There are no drop-ins and no refunds for missed days.
Please click here to read an overview of the Program
Please click here for the current Monthly Registration Form. Schedule can change from month to month.
Please click here to register for the Entire Year (fixed schedule required).