Thank you for your interest in employment at San Francisco Waldorf School. The following positions are accepting applications.
Duration: Academic year - September through June.
Hours: 11:15-5:30 pm, Mon-Fri
The Nursery Aftercare Aide is an essential role in the day of many children at the school. The Aide is responsible for the nursery children who attend aftercare, following a daily and weekly rhythm that gives these children the opportunity to partake in rest, appropriate activities and time to play and relax after a long school morning. The teacher is also responsible helping to arrange a healthy, late afternoon snack.
Areas of Responsibility
- Under the guidance of the Nursery Coordinator of Aftercare:
- Help set up the classroom for nap time
- Help create a mood of rest and quiet
- Help restore the room to order after nap
- Assist with snack preparation and clean-up
- Daily check of times at which children are picked-up w/parent/guardian's signature
- Waldorf training (or in process) preferred
- 6 ECEs completed or in process
- Experience working with young children
- Red Cross/CPR First Aid certification/Medicine Administration training (classes are usually offered during Faculty Work Days)
- Maintain a working knowledge of school policies and procedures: earthquake and evacuation procedures, proper documentation of children's injuries, location and use of first aid kit
This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position. Benefits include San Francisco Sick Paid Sick Leave and San Francisco Health Care Ordinance
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Regularly sitting or standing 3 or more hours
FLSA Classification: Hourly; Non-exempt from overtime
Reports to: Nursery Aftercare Coordinator
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion. All minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org